Welcome to Pen Store!

Blog Post

Smooth Operators

The term ‘Rollerball’ refers to pens with liquid or gel ink, normally dispensed by a smooth ball.

Unlike a ballpoint pen, which uses paste ink, a liquid ink rollerball doesn’t require any pressure to get the ink to flow. As soon as the tip touches the paper, ink can flow. Pressing harder will normally give a broader line. The ball itself is smooth – coupled with the lack of pressure needed, this makes the whole writing experience smooth and easy.

Rollerballs are often seen as a cross between a fountain pen and a ballpoint – the smoothness and ink type of a fountain pen, with the convenience of a ballpoint.

For information on our range of Rollerballs, contact us on 01437 781978 or email sales@stupidtuesday.co.uk

For more information click here